Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lil and Cheryl Enjoy All Of Jackson Hole

My friends Lil and Cheryl came out to Jackson Hole on July 31st.  I know Lil and Cheryl from my four years t Pingry in New Jersey.  They enjoyed a few weeks of Jackson Hole in the summer of 2011, and they were eager to enjoy more fun in 2012.  While they were visiting, we touched a little bit of all the fun that Jackson has to offer.

Lil, Rashawn, Cheryl and Jo Ann enjoying dinner at Trio
Rashawn and Cheryl enjoying a laugh in downtown Jackson
One of my favorite parts of Sarasota in the winter is the Farmers Market on Main Street on Saturday mornings.  I find myself sleeping late on Saturdays and then jumping on my bike and riding off to Main Street.  After parking my bike, I enjoy the slow walk through the street as I check out the various booths.  I stop at the popcorn booth for two bags of the best cheddar cheese popcorn ever (one for college football viewing and one for pro football viewing) and then grab a great outdoor table at the local cafe and enjoy breakfast while reading the paper.  Lucky for me that Jackson Hole also has a Saturday morning Farmers Market around the Town Square.  Lil, Cheryl and I found our way there on a beautiful Saturday morning.

Lil and Cheryl checking out the fruit at Jackson Hole Farmers Market
While Lil and Cheryl were visiting, we planned a day of bike riding through the Grand Teton National Park.  Beautiful sunshine, amazing views and a wonderful bike path made for a fun day with great friends.

Biking in Grand Teton National Park
More from the bike trail
Lil and Cheryl riding the path
Lil and Cheryl riding the path
Taking a break from the path.
With all active house guest, a hike to Jenny Lake is always in order.  So one day we woke up early to beat  the crowds and off to Jenny Lake we went.  While at Jenny Lake we hiked to Hidden Falls and up to Inspiration Point.

Cheryl and Lil at Hidden Falls
Lil and Cheryl at Inspiration Point
Lil enjoying the view of Inspiration Point
Every group of house guest must also enjoy the Scenic Float down the Snake River with the Triangle X.  It is a beautiful and relaxing way to spend a few hours.  Everyone should take a float.

Lil, Cheryl and me enjoying a scenic float down the Snake River
View of the Tetons from the raft as we head down the Snake River
Where is the daddy bald eagle?????
Here is mommy bald eagle and the baby bald eagle
Mr. Beaver enjoying the bank of the Snake River
Scott looking back over at the Tetons
How can you not love this view?

It was a real pleasure to host Lil and Cheryl again in Jackson Hole.  I believe they are falling in love with the place as much as I love it.  I am hoping they will be back again next summer to continue the fun.  Of course,  before Lil and Cheryl headed back to New Jersey, we had to make one run over the Grand Teton pass to check in with our friend Grumpy!

Lil and Cheryl getting ready to enjoy Grumpy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment