Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Adele and I on our own.

Adele and I had to sadly say goodbye to Dianne and Lorraine early Tuesday morning.  They were headed back to Sarasota leaving Adele and I on our own to continue exploring Jackson Hole.  A bit of rainy fall weather has rolled into town, so Adele and I enjoyed a few hours in the Craig Thomas Visitor Center of the Grand Teton National Park.  The visitor center is relatively new and does a great job of educating visitors as to the history of the park and surrounding area.  When the rain cleared, Adele and I headed off to hike the Black Butte Trail.

Adele and I head out to conquer Blacktail Butte

The trail starts and ends through beautiful willows

Views from the Blacktail Butte Trail



More views from the trail



















Looking up towards the summit of Blacktail Butte

Adele at the summit of Blacktail Butte

View of the Tetons from the summit of Blacktail Butte
After completing the hike, Adele and I did a bit of driving around in search of Jackson Hole wildlife.  Now that the fall temperatures have started to drop the animals are moving around more and starting their  migration to the valley.  There is a lot of animal activity right now.

Bull moose sitting in a field about a mile from my house

Momma and baby moose eating my neighbors trees

Momma moose in the hood

Looking for a snack

After a full day of Jackson Hole life ........  sit back and enjoy the fire!








No comments:

Post a Comment