Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The day after the hike to the summit of Taylor Mountain, Susan was not sure what to expect from her body.  I must say that she was an amazing trooper the entire hike up Taylor.  Only 18 hours after landing in Jackson Hole, which is a very short time to acclimate to the altitude change, Susan and I were hiking Taylor Mountain with 6 "Jackson Hole Regulars."  It was a tough hike and both Susan and I were a bit frightened when thinking about how our legs would feel in the morning.

I credit my "torture trainer Eric" in Sarasota, for preparing my legs for the hike.  When I woke up on Thursday morning my legs felt fine and off to the family room I walked.  I found Susan in the family room not feeling quite as good as I felt.  I told her to drink lots of water as I headed out the door for my first session with Terry, my Jackson Hole trainer.  I made it through my session with Terry and headed back to the house with a smile on my face.  As I walked into the family room I saw that Susan had given in to her muscle soreness and was napping on the sofa under a blanket.  We both had a good laugh, drank a bottle of water and decided the best solution for her soreness was to get her legs moving again.

Nice view while biking
Jackson Hole has a wonderful paved path that runs from downtown Jackson Hole and all the way to and through the Grand Teton National Park.  It is a wonderful path and provides beautiful views for a nice bike ride.  I had my road bike shipped to Jackson Hole and Susan had rented a road bike for her stay.  With the goal of just getting Susan moving and our blood flowing through our bodies, we headed out to ride about 7 miles to grab some lunch and enjoy the view at Dornan's.  After a nice salad for lunch we headed back to the house.  Susan felt much better after our 14 mile bike ride.


After lunch at Dornan's and preparing to bike home.

No comments:

Post a Comment