Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Fun Things This Week in Jackson Hole

A good time has continued since Sunday in Jackson Hole!  On Sunday, I accepted an invitation from my hiking friends Craig and Carol to play in a "chip and putt" golf gathering.  As most of you know, I do not play golf, but Craig said "rookies" were welcome and I knew that anything Craig and Carol organized would be fun.

My group at the "chip and putt" party

The "chip and putt" party was a lot of fun and I met interesting and fun people.  When I arrived at the party, Craig had me pick a tee out of a cup and the blue tee I picked placed me on the blue team.  My team members included Mike from Atlanta and a big Georgia fan, Gloria from Dallas, Pam from Jackson Hole and Alan from Jackson Hole.  Playing with them was a lot of fun and they did not mind having the "rookie" on their team at all.

Captain Mike lining up a chip

On Monday morning I had a nice tennis game with Susie, Faith and Ellen at the courts at Jackson Hole High School.

The courts at Jackson Hole High School

Wednesday morning found me joining Vicky, Marla and Mike on an early morning hike to the top of Snow King.  Snow King is the ski resort/slopes located in downtown Jackson.  It was a great hike with good friends and a perfect way to start the day in Jackson Hole.  The hike covered 5 miles and allowed us to get a nice cardio workout and then I could get to work at the ranch on time.

Mike and Marla leading the way 



View of town of Jackson and the Tetons





















Mike, Marla, Me and Vicky at the summit of Snow King. 
View from the back side of the summit at Snow King

Mike on the way down from the summit















View on the way down of Jackson Hole High School and the athletic facilities.
Was wondering if this was a subtle way of reminding me where I used to be during that
hectic "back to school" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment