Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Blackberry Tragedy - a poem by John Butcher



Alas, my B-b, I knew you well.
You kept me on time until sadly you fell into septic slime.
You knew all my friends, When and where I should go;
Photo-ed my grins Climbing the Tetons snow.
But now you are gone, No more to see the Jackson Hole dawn And old Mr. Moosie
A new B-b's in hand And catching on fast, As long as I promise Not to multi-task.





No comments:

Post a Comment