Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Celebrating the 4th of July in Idaho!

I hope that everyone had a fun and exciting 4th of July!  Heather and I slept in and took a few hours to decide how we wanted to spend our July 4th.  After much discussion, we decided to drive over the Teton Pass and spend the day in "small town America."  Victor Idaho was our first stop.  It was the lunch time when we arrived in Victor.  If you are in Victor and it is lunch time, there is only one place you can eat and that place is "Grumpy's Goat Shack".

The Grumpy Goat's sense of humor.  Notice the sign says
 "Sorry we're Open"




Grumpy's Goat Shack is famous for the hot dogs they serve and the goat that lives out back.  It is a place with a sarcastic sense of humor that began with the sign in the parking lot.  Heather and I both ordered the hot dogs, but the live goat was hiding in the barn to avoid the sun.









The staff at the Grumpy Goat was especially lively as they celebrated the 4th of July.  I do not believe that I have ever ordered a hot dog before from a lady wearing a tiara.  I can now say that I have in fact ordered a very tasty hot dog from a lady wearing a tiara in Victor Idaho!

Just after ordering my hot dog from a waitress wearing a tiara

















Grumpy's Goat Shack

After a leisurely and delicious lunch, Heather and I enjoyed Main Street Victor.  As we walked Main Street, we found an outdoor craft fair and strolled among the booths.  Heather found some great yard art for her garden back home in Salt Lake City.

Heather browsing the crafts fair in Victor


Wanted to try one of these but resisted the temptation

It was not easy to resist the Frozen Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake but both Heather and I had to push ourselves by this tasty booth because we had bigger plans for our dessert that day.  So after our time in Victor, we continued down the road to Driggs Idaho.  I must admit that Driggs is a bit bigger than Victor and even has one stop light on the main avenue through town.  Our sole reason for continuing our journey into Driggs was to partake in and introduce Heather to the absolutely fabulous huckleberry shake.  It is a shake that simply can not be described but must be enjoyed!  So if you are ever in Driggs Idaho, make sure you stop by the Corner Drug Store and order up a huckleberry shake!

Heather heading into the Corner Drug Store in Driggs Idaho for a huckleberry shake


Heather at the fountain counter






No comments:

Post a Comment