Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Sarasota Friends Doug and Dick visit Jackson Hole

Dick Mace and Doug Finkle arrived in Jackson Hole on July 19th and enjoyed the area for four days.  The three of us laughed a lot and filled every minute with fun in the valley and the mountains.  There was also a lot of food!  The same evening that Doug and Dick landed, we headed off to dinner at the Snake River Grill.  Dick visited last year and fell in love with Snake River as much as I did.

Dick and Doug ordering picnic lunch



On July 20th, Doug and Dick woke up and were eager to head into the Grand Teton National Park for some hiking.  Our first stop of the day was at the Dornan's deli to pick up sandwiches that we could enjoy on our hike.

Our next stop was the Death Canyon trailhead. Our plan was to hike as far as the Floridians could handle and enjoy our picnic at the Phelps Lake Overlook.



At the trailhead
At Phelps Lake Overlook - our picnic location
On July 21st, Doug and Dick were ready for more hiking, so we headed out to Jenny Lake to hike to Inspiration Point and Hidden Falls.  After our hiking, we stopped at the Grand Teton National Park's Visitor Center to see the wonderful 30 minute movie they have on the history of the park.  At the visitor center, Dick and Doug came face to face with their first moose!

At Hidden Falls with Dick and Doug

Doug and Dick at Inspiration Point at Jenny Lake

After hiking in the Jenny Lake area and climbing to Inspiration Point, we spent some time at the Grand Teton National Park's Visitor Center.

Dick and Doug meet their first moose at the visitor center

During Dick and Doug's stay in Jackson Hole we also ventured over the Teton Pass into Idaho.  If you ever find yourself in the Jackson Hole area, you really need to take the time to drive over the pass and spend some time in Victor, Idaho.  It is a quaint small town with the nicest people you will ever meet.  When in Rome you do as the Romans do and when in Victor Idaho, you must enjoy a huckleberry shake!

Huckleberry shakes in Victor Idaho
After the day in Victor, we headed back to Jackson and enjoyed a scenic float trip down the Snake River with the Triangle X Ranch.

Good friends, wine and the beautiful Snake River ..... Summer is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment