Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Neiswender's Visit Jackson Hole

Barbara and John in Jackson Hole
John and Barbara Neiswender were out in Jackson Hole from July 11th - July 14th.  It is always good to see them and catch up on things.  I started working for John in 1992 and continued that professional relationship until 2005.  During those years, the Neiswender's and I (together with Elaine) have traveled the world.  I am glad that I could get them out to Jackson Hole for a few days to share this special place in the world.

John and Barbara arrived in mid afternoon after driving to Jackson from Salt Lake City.  After a few hours of rest and just hanging in the house, we headed out to take the gondola up to "The Deck" restaurant for happy hour and snacks.  We enjoyed the view for a few hours and then drove to Jackson Town Square for a bit of a walk around.

Flowers on the trail while searching for Coyote Rock
John and Barbara wanted to take a bit of a hike, so I took them out to the Coyote Rock hike.  I knew they would enjoy the view and it is a pretty easy hike in terms of distance and elevation.  It will forever be one of those experiences that I shake my head at when I remember that day.  I put forth my best effort to follow the trail and get the Neiswender's to "the rock."  I keep thinking that someone must have moved the rock because I walked and walked and walked the Neiswender's around and we never found that damn rock.  It was crazy embarrassing!  John will never let me forget that I lost the rock.

Scenic Float on the Snake River

After the "rock" disaster, I had to make it up to John and Barbara, so I took them on a scenic float down the Snake River.  It was a beautiful night and many animals were out and about on the river.  John and Barbara enjoyed the float and I saved a bit of face.  John will still never let me forget that he never saw the "rock."








The beavers had done a good job on this tree
Bald Eagle on the scenic float

















John and Barbara enjoying the scenic float








No comments:

Post a Comment