Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dinner at Jenny Lake Lodge

Jenny Lake Lodge
Vicky planned a lovely ..... over the top wonderful dinner at Jenny Lake Lodge.  Jenny Lake Lodge is in Grand Teton National Park and it is surrounded by beauty.  It is an "old world lodge" heaped in history and tradition.  Janis Butcher - you would love this place and I am thinking you guys have probably eaten here in years past???  The lodge has cabins for their guest and many activities for them to enjoy.  Lucky for us that they allow outsiders to enjoy all aspects of the lodge.  I am so glad that Vicky suggested that we have dinner at this beautiful lodge.  It was a 5 course meal and each bite was better than the bite before.  My goal of eating to stay lean was completely thrown out the window.  I am going to have to attempt to get back on that horse in the morning!

Place setting at Jenny Lake Lodge

Look closely.  The butter is shaped like a moose!











Me, Marla, Kevin and Vicky







View from Jenny Lake Lodge














View of Jenny Lake
After dinner at Jenny Lake Lodge, I went back home to wait for Nancy and Daniel Schulte to arrive from VA.  I met Nancy when I was 10 years old at Camp Skyline Ranch.  Nancy was my counselor and horseback riding instructor for 6 years and then I became a counselor with her.  Nancy is also from New Orleans and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding.  

Nancy is top right and I am bottom left - 1976










Nancy top left and I am bottom right - 1975




































Kathryn, Nancy, Gunn, Me and Maggie - 1979









No comments:

Post a Comment