Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Five Days of Friends (Dave and Sekyen) and Fun

Sorry about no post in the last few days.  The adventure continued this past week and has been as exciting and as fun as the previous six weeks.  Hard to believe that I have been in Jackson Hole for seven weeks.  What a great seven weeks it has been.

Last Sunday I began the day with a nice tennis match over in Teton Springs in Idaho.  To get to Teton Springs I had to drive over the Teton Pass and it was beautiful.  The tennis was a bit tough with the wind but enjoyable none the less.  After tennis I stopped at Vicky and Kevin's summer palace.  They are renting a beautiful home in Teton Springs for the next two months.  After leaving Vicky and Kevin's, I headed back over the pass to the Jackson Town Square.  I wanted to attend the art fair that was taking place in the town square.  The art fair consisted of a number of local artist who were displaying their different pieces of work.  It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed strolling through the fair and checking out all the stuff.

A cool booth at the art fair


On Monday I enjoyed another good tennis game at Jackson Hole High School and then shared a lunch with one of the girls at a sports bar named Sidewinders.  As soon as lunch ended, Dave and Sekyen O'Meara arrived in Jackson Hole for a five day visit.  After freshening up at the house, the three of us enjoyed a nice dinner at the Lotus Cafe.

Dave and Sekyen spent Tuesday in Yellowstone and especially enjoyed the area of the park behind Old Faithful.  This area is filled with other   geysers and pools.  They saw all kinds of animals except for a bear.  Sekyen really wanted to see a bear, but the bears just did not want to cooperate.


Sekyen couldn't find a bear but found a bison
On Wednesday Dave and Sekyen took the tram ride up to the top of the Tetons and spent their afternoon at Jenny Lake.

Thursday was a relaxing day around the house and then the three of us shared a wonderful dinner in town at the Blue Lion with Vicky and Kevin.


Dinner at The Blue Lion

1 comment:

  1. So did you buy the dog sculpture? Your awesome adventure continues:-)! Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete