Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Great Day of Wandering Around Jackson Hole

My very good friend Heather was suppose to be my house guest this weekend, but at the last minute she had to cancel due to a medical situation in her family.  Heather and I met at La Jolla Country Day in '97 or '98 and she now lives in Salt Lake City, Utah.  Heather is one of those types of friends that you don't get to see very often but when we are together we pick up without skipping a beat.  She is great fun and I am so sory that she had to cancel her trip.  We are going to try again over Labor Day weekend when she has plans to drive this way!

With no house guest to hike, bike and explore the area with, I headed out to town on my own for a bit of wandering around.  My day began with a 90 minute massage which my body was in desperate need of after 5 weeks of no Faithea (my massage therapist in Sarasota).  I met Juniper (massage therapist) playing tennis at Teton Pines and how lucky for me that she is not only one of the tennis pros at Teton Pines, but also a massage therapist.  The massage was great!  It was also the first massage I ever had with a sleeping dog (Rio) in the room.  Jackson Hole is one of those outdoor type of towns where everyone has a dog and the dog goes with them every where!

Rio  - my massage sharing dog
After a great and relaxing massage, I wandered the streets of the town square to run a few errands.  It was another beautiful day providing wonderful "people watching" opportunities and great views.










While walking downtown, I ran across a "Tube Dudette".  I stopped to speak with her to see if she was "Tube Dude's" type, but sadly I do not believe a "Tube" relationship would work out between the two of them.  "Tube Dude" is simply a little to city "GQ Tube" for little Ms. Jackson Hole "Tube Dudette."

Ms. Jackson Hole "Tube Dudette"




Art and Antique Fair in Teton Village
My next stop for the day was in Teton Village to stroll through the the antique and art fair that was taking place.  This was another great location for good people and dog watching!



Art and Antique Fair in Teton Vilage




Dog watching in Teton Village







Waiting for his owner













On my way home from the art fair in Teton Village, I stopped at the restaurant The Granary to check out the menu and the view.  Tennis friends have told me very good things about The Granary and I thought I should check it out.  My friends were not kidding.  The view from The Granary was beautiful and I believe that it will be a great place to enjoy dinner with my house guest.  My friends have also told me that The Granary has a very good singer/piano player who performs Thur - Sat nights.  The view combined with good music could make for a great evening.






View from The Granary















Tonight I am having dinner with Craig and Carol at Trio.  From the looks of it, Trio is an interesting little bistro type restaurant place near the town square.  I will report on what I find in a few days!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! What an adventure you are having! Snow, hiking, gliding, cool friends...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete