Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday - A Day with Nancy, Daniel and STEVE MARTIN

Nancy, Daniel and I began our day with breakfast at Genevieve's on the town square.  YUMMY!

Nancy and Daniel
After breakfast we walked around the town square. We checked out a few of the art galleries and met a few of the local dogs.  We also enjoyed being silly in a few of the shops.






















After the town square we drove over to Teton Village to check out an art fair and simply explore the village area.  It was a beautiful day in the village.
Watching the mountain bikers come down

Art Fair in Teton Village
Nancy and Daniel in the village




















After enjoying all the activities at the base in Teton Village, we decided to take the tram ride to the top of the summit.  It is a 12 minute ride up to the top with views of the entire village below the tram.  Once arriving at the top of the summit, we walked all around the area.  Daniel enjoyed a huge waffle at Corbin's Cabin and all of us simply took in the view and the beauty of all we saw.  The weather has warmed up quite a bit since my paragliding experience on July 3rd.  Most of the snow has melted on the summit, but there is still a bit of snow on the ground.  The elevation is just over 10,000 feet and locals tell me that the snow that remains will most likely not melt this year.

The tram ride took us to the summit.

View from the summit

View from the summit











The day had been a great one but the fun was not over.  Daniel decided he was not interested in the evening entertainment that Nancy and I had planned, so he crashed at the house and Vicky Johnson took his place for the rest of the day's adventure.  Nancy, Vicky, Marla and I enjoyed a very tasty meal at Trio back in town.  After dinner, Nancy, Vicky and I walked over to the Jackson Hole Center of the Arts to enjoy the wonderful show of Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers.  I had never seen a Steve Martin show in person and it was outstanding.  The Center for the Arts is a pretty theater that holds 500 people.  It was a very intimate setting and Steve and the band put on an extraordinary show.  The show was a combination of his comic skills and his excellent banjo playing ability.  The songs would be considered blue grass and the Steep Canyon Rangers were a thrill to hear play.  They were all very talented musicians.

In another crazy example of Six Degrees of Separation, the 4 people sitting directly behind Nancy, Vicky and I were also in Jackson Hole for the summer.  Their full time residence is in Sarasota!  One couple lives on Bird Key and the other ladies live on Longboat Key.  CRAZY

Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers

No comments:

Post a Comment