Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Departure Day has finally arrived!

The day has started early (3:45am wake up alarm) to be ready for the car service to the Tampa airport.  We left Sarasota at 4:45am and had a easy ride to the airport.  I am all checked in (had to buy the bump up to first class that was offered for the long flight to Denver) and ready to board my 7:24am plane.  I can already feel the nap that will be taking place as soon as we get into the air.  Jackson Hole is two hours earlier than Florida, so by the time I arrive and get settled in at the house it will have been a long day.  So far so good!  I will keep my fingers crossed that the rest of the day runs smoothly.  I am sure that I look pretty funny sitting here in the Tampa airport with boots, jeans, long sleeve shirt and carrying a cowboy hat!  The TSA agent had a lot of energy for so early in the morning and made a few to many comments about the boots and the cowboy hat!  The female TSA agent also got a good feel......I could have lived without that!  Happy Trails everyone.  My "Jackson Hole Adventure" has finally begun.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think Triangle X Ranch knows what is coming:-)! Enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this will be the first time I have ever followed a blogger!!
    Can't wait to live this experience!

    ReplyDelete