Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Katherine and Turner Arrive

Katherine & Me age 11 summer '76
Katherine & Me age 12 summer '77
Katherine Estes Billmeier and I met when we were 10 years old in 1975.  We were attending the best camp in the world - Camp Skyline Ranch in Mentone, Alabama !  After many summers together at Skyline we have remained friends for 37 years.  I am so glad that she and her nephew Turner could make it out here to Jackson Hole.  I know they will have a great time exploring the area.


Katherine, Turner & Me in Jackson Town Square
I worked a morning shift today in the "Float Office" and the flow of calls were lite.  The boss (Jim) suggested I leave a few hours early and I was happy to agree.  I was able to arrive at home a few minutes after Katherine and Turner arrived.  After a quick clothing change, the three of us were off to the Jackson Town Square.  Katherine and Turner were loving the sunshine and 70 degree weather.  Katherine reports that it has been over 100 degrees in Birmingham, so they are happy to have the cooler weather.  We strolled around town and Katherine bought a perfect cowboy hat!  After a quick stop at the grocery store, we headed back home for a home cooked (yes, I cooked) meal that we enjoyed out on the back deck.  It was a beautiful evening with the sun setting behind the Tetons.

Turner in the "Bear Chair" 
Enjoying dinner on the back deck
Katherine and Turner have a very early day tomorrow as they have plans for a 6:00am Jeep Eco Tour of the area.  After their jeep tour, they are heading to Teton Village to take a tram ride to the top and enjoy lunch at the restaurant.  The weather is suppose to be good, so they should have a beautiful view from the top.  I will be enjoying another thrilling shift in the "Float Office".

No comments:

Post a Comment