Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Learned a Few New Things Today!

Learning a new skill !
We had a great weather day here in Jackson Hole today.  Life in the office ran smoothly and Jim (the boss) has decided that my training is over and I can be left in the office alone.  I can definitely say that I believe I can handle the challenge!  The first new thing I learned today, and I can honestly say I have never done the task before, was how to load a Pepsi machine.  A bit tough to do without messing up a good manicure!  Now if I had had my way, it would have been a Coke machine because we all know that Coke taste better than Pepsi!

After work, I headed into town for a workout at Jackson Hole Health and Fitness.  This is when I learned my second new thing of the day.  In all of my packing for this adventure, I somehow left behind my yellow and navy blue Nike visor.  This forced me to hit the fitness center with an outfit that was not completely color coordinated.  And although I felt uncomfortable with a visor that did not match the rest of the outfit exactly, I survived the experience.  I must be getting to be Jackson Hole laid back!

Welcome to 550 Moulton Loop Rd.
My first house guests (Katherine Estes and her nephew Turner) arrive on Tuesday, so I stopped by the nicest Kmart I have ever been to and picked up a few things.  I was looking for a way to have the driveway of the house stand out a bit to make it easier for friends to find.  I was looking for a Wyoming flag or a buffalo kite, but the best I found was an American Flag wind sock.  Hopefully this visual will help each guest find the correct driveway!  So if you are one of my future guest and reading this blog, look for the American Flag wind sock and becareful of them buffalo!

Snacking about 8 feet from window
Snacking continues
The most exciting part of my day was in the early evening when 3 of the neighborhood buffalo decided to enter the gates of my house and give my lawn a bit of a trim.  I believe they thought I was still in town, because this is as close to the house as I have ever seen them.  I guess I won't be needing to cut the grass often.  I am learning that the buffalo enjoy wandering the neighborhood from about 6:00pm to 8:00pm.  Hopefully they will drop by again when my guests are visiting!

Gathering his friends at my gate
Please shut the gate on your way out!

4 comments:

  1. I used to reload the coke machine as part of my middle school student gov't duties. I thought it was fun back then. And yes, someone needs to make fun of you for always color coordinating your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! I would never get sick of the buffalo! Heck, I still find it amazing every time I see a gator in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad you could not bring tube dude lol to welcome your guests!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JoAnn, The scenery is so beautiful , it will not be difficult to be relaxed and laid back out there:)

    ReplyDelete