Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lazy Rainy Sunday - Must Go Shopping!

If Rashawn had a daughter, these would have been purchased for her!
I woke up to a rainy morning  and enjoyed a lazy few hours.  After a few catch up phone calls to friends, what's a girl to do but GO SHOPPING!  I have been wanting a pair of brown boots for a long time and put off such a purchase for many reasons.  Today I decided that there would be no more waiting for a pair of brown boots.  Even
The new brown boots.
during my 10 days as a Jackson Hole resident, I have wanted to wear a certain brown belt with an outfit and have had to wear something else because my belt would not match with my boots.  I know that I survived without the matching visor a few days ago and I know that Brooke Roberts commented that I should deal with not matching all the time, but I just don't want to!  I want my clothes to match...I feel better that way.  So off to "Boot Barn" I went.  After a very enjoyable search, I found the pair of brown boots that called my name.  My brown belt is now very happy to have a new pair of boots in the closet to complete a few outfits.  The 15% off coupon I picked up in the paper also made the purchase smile worthy!  Love my coupons.

The pieces of my dragon
After boot shopping, it was a quick trip to the grocery store to stock up on a few things.  I am having two of my co-workers over for a steak dinner on Monday night, so I needed a few things.  Once home I knew I had to take on the project I have been avoiding - - the slaying of my dragon -- it was time for me to face the needed assembly of my portable outdoor fire pit.  I bought the fire pit during my first weekend here in Jackson Hole.  I thought it would be a great addition to the backyard deck on nights when friends were visiting and wine was being consumed as the sun set behind the Tetons.  With the arrival of my first guest coming soon on Tuesday, I had to tackle the assembly of the fire pit.  I must admit that the assembly took longer than I anticipated.  I needed a wrench and could not find one in the house.  I did find some pliers and was able to get the fire pit put together and ready for use.  With wonderful summer camp memories floating around in my head, provisions for smores have been purchased.  I hope that Turner Beard (Marilyn Estes's 12 year old son) has a love of smores!  It would be bad if Katherine and I did all the smore eating.

The dragon has been tamed


Backyard deck is ready for guests

  

3 comments:

  1. Love the boots JO! In Sarasota you can wear them with a cute sundress and there you can just be a "cowgirl"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boots and a fire pit...AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete