Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"One Ton Pig" & Third Day of Training!

Tuesday night found me back at the Silver Dollar Saloon to grab a burger and to hear one of the local favorite bands "One Ton Pig".  I must admit that the name had me more than intrigued.  The evening proved to be another good one for the adventure of it all.  The place was packed.  The girls at the ranch were not kidding when they told me that "One Ton Pig"  was a crowd pleasure.  They play local bluegrass and their sound was good.  There is a dance floor at the Silver Dollar and the locals were a twirlin!  I had a great seat at the bar.  I could turn to my left and see the members of "One Ton Pig" and turn to my right to see the Mavs beat the Heat.  I ask, what more could a former basketball player/coach turned cowgirl ask for?  Check them out at
Where float trip scheduling takes place
http://onetonpig.net/fr_home.cfm


I have now been "in training" in the Float Office for the last 3 days.  I truly believe I have the hang of it, but they still have two more days of training scheduled for me.  It is going well and everyone continues to be very nice.  The ranch opened this week for their first week of summer guests.  Things on the ranch and in the office are pretty slow and I have been told will pick up dramatically as we get further into June.  With each day, I meet more members of the Float Department and other ranch employees.  Today I met the other Floridian who will also be working in the office.  Joy is from Winter Park and was also looking for a fun way to escape the summer Florida heat.  She is in her 60's and will be working part time in the office.  I think that Joy and I will be trading off the afternoon shift in the office.  Jim (boss) is still undecided as to my regular working hours.  Sounds like he wants to give me 4 days on and 3 days off.  I think he is concerned that I want/need a regular 40 hour work week in order to be fair to me.  I will be telling him in the morning that a regular 40 hr work week is not the reason I am here and not really necessary!  There are some kids here earning money for school etc. so I am more than happy for Jim to give them more hours than he schedules for me.
View from my office digs!

 
My supervisor always keeps a watchful eye on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment