Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Lunch in Downtown Jackson and Dinner with Alex and Karen

Consignment Store Shopping
I have had a wonderful day off which I spent shopping and lunching in downtown Jackson Hole.  It was a beautiful day and the warmest I have had so far this summer.  I think it got as high as 75 degrees with no humidity.  The sky was a beautiful blue and made for a perfect day to enjoy a few slow hours in the town square.  I began my window shopping at a local consignment shop that I had read about.  I was hoping to find a neat belt or cool pair of boots.  I walked away empty handed.  I did see some really nice looking boots, but unfortunately they were not my size.


I continued walking around the town square checking out the art galleries and simply watching the people.  It was so nice out that I decided to eat on the outdoor patio at the Town Square Tavern.  The food was only adequate but the people watching was great.  The Town Square Tavern had great views of the entire town square.

Stage Coach ride across from the Tavern



Looking to the left from the patio
Looking to the right from the patio


After lunch I continued my window shopping and walking around the downtown area.  I found a great little shop that had unique belt buckles and other interesting odds and ends.  I bought a cool glass belt buckle for a friend (can't put picture on blog because it would ruin the surprise for someone) and I hope they find the buckle as cool as I did.  I of course had to buy a cool glass belt buckle for me too!    I enjoyed my stroll around town on a most beautiful day and the interesting things I saw.

Smoothie Stand I will have to try a a later date.

Loved the sign!



When my strolling came to an end, I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner.  Last night I received a message from Katie Occhipinti (my former Pingry student whose idea it was to create the blog) to tell me that her friend Alex was going to be driving through Jackson Hole with her cousin Karen.  Karen recently finished her graduate work at UCSD and is headed to DC to start her new job.  Alex flew to San Diego from Jersey to help Karen drive from San Diego to DC (taking a interesting route through northern California, Washington and Wyoming).  I had met Alex on my visit to Jersey in January to see Katie O play a few basketball games.  Alex also played basketball for the college of New Jersey.  I was happy to offer Alex and Karen my two extra bedrooms and a home cooked meal.  As usual when I meet someone new, I am reminded just how small the world really is.  During her graduate studies at UCSD, Karen lived in the campus housing which is right across the street from my Athletic office at LaJolla Country Day.  As we talked over dinner, I also found out that Karen attended Marist College in NY with my niece Kathryn.  Go figure! Alex and Karen get back on the road in the morning to continue on their journey back to the east coast and I will get the guest rooms cleaned up and ready for my next guest who arrive on Thursday!

Alex Gregovek and Karen Grunstva 

No comments:

Post a Comment