Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Just Another Great Day in Jackson Hole

Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park
Katherine and Turner are having a blast out here in Jackson Hole.  They spent the day driving through Yellowstone National Park.  It is about an hour drive from the house and the scenery is spectacular.  They saw bison, elk, mule deer, black bear, grizzly bear with two cubs, and an otter.  They also enjoyed watching Old Faithful.  It is an amazing thing to watch.

For me it was also another good day.  The sun was out this morning and I enjoyed a nice drive to town for a good workout.  I passed one of the horse farms and they had the vet there working on the horses.

The vet working on the horses
Things at the office are picking up now that it is getting a bit later in June.  Lots of folks are calling to schedule trips and they seem to be visiting from all over.  I even spoke with two families from Sarasota/Bradenton.  My shift ended at 7:30pm and as I headed home the ranch horses were enjoying their "rest time" on the front fields.

The horses enjoying some rest after a long working day
The office is getting busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment