Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Elaine is in Jackson Hole

After suffering through the intense summer heat of Dallas,  Elaine has arrived in Jackson Hole and is relaxing, resting, soaking up the view and not sweating.  She spent her summer as Director of Parish Day Schools Summer Program.  With that job now over, she simply wants to do a whole lot of nothing here in Jackson Hole.

Elaine joined me on my first trip to Jackson Hole in 2007 when we were guest at the Trinangle X Ranch with the Butcher Family.  It is easy to say that the "Dude Ranch" was not her cup of tea.  She enjoyed the beauty of the area and being with friends, but the mouse that found his way into our cabin on the first night reminded her that she was not at The Four Seasons!  I do have to say that she did give a good effort to become a cowgirl.
Elaine on Matilda in 2007

Elaine with Head Wrangle TJ in 2007 !
Although Elaine's main desire while here in Jackson Hole is to simply "chill out,"  there will be some adventure for her.  It is a beautiful Friday morning as I write this and everyone (Elaine, Sara, Mary Ellen, Ranait) in the house is still asleep.  When we do get rolling today, we will be heading over to Jenny Lake for a bit of hiking.  Elaine will be leaving her comfortable chair where she has been catching up on her reading and "Friday Night Lights" watching to join the gang.  We are also taking a white water rafting trip on Saturday.  Stay tuned for more of Elaine's adventures here in Jackson Hole!




At Sweetwater for dinner 

No comments:

Post a Comment