Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Monday, August 8, 2011

White Water Rafting and Pre-Wedding Party at Marla and Mike's

On Saturday, Alli, Susan, Andrew and I decided to brave the Snake River.  Susan graciously hosted all of us for this exciting but chilly adventure.  We met at the headquarters of Barker-Ewing rafting company in Jackson.  Once we checked in and explained that we were "cold weather wimps" from Florida, they gave us the full body wet suits and booties to put on in an effort to stay warm on the river.

The full body wet suit we requested to wear for warmth.
Getting in was not easy
















Once all "wet suited up" we boarded the bus which transported us south past Hoback Junction to our launch site on the Snake River.

Our transportation to the river launch site

It was close to a 30 or 40 minute drive to where we met our raft guide and boarded our raft for the trip down the snake.  The river is not as fast or as high as it was in June, but we still had a blast riding the rapids.  We traveled through 4 different rapids and traveled the Snake River for 8 miles.  We got SOAKED and I was more than thrilled to be in my whole body wet suit.  The water temp was about 57 degrees and that is damn cold to me.


Getting life jackets 

Ready to take on the Snake River










They won't let you bring cameras on the river, so I do not have any pictures of us in action.  Just know that we laughed our asses off as we got soaked with each rapid.

After we made it safely off the river and traded the wet suits for dry clothes !
After spending a few hours on the river we were starving, so we headed to the Snake River Brewery for  a bit of lunch.  



Lunch at Snake River Brewery

After lunch, we had to hurry home for a quick shower and clothing change.  Marla and Mike, Vicky's sister and brother in law, were hosting a pre-wedding bbq for the happy couple.  Marla and Mike have a fabulous home in Jackson and everyone had a wonderful time getting together again.

Tig, Rob and Alli enjoying the deck at Marla and Mike's


Moose
Marla and Mike's home is located very near to the river.  This means they have many real moose visitors to their home all year long.  They also have many cute moose decorations throughout their beautiful home.


Another moose is loose in the house
Marla, Andrew, Susan, Vicky and Kevin enjoying the party
  

No comments:

Post a Comment