Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Whitewater and an Afternoon in Jackson Town Square

LUCKY to have such great friends and the opportunity to spend time with them in Jackson Hole
Today was "whitewater" day for the group.  After a lazy morning in the house, we headed into Jackson to meet Vicky, Kevin, Marla, Lauren and Tim for another whitewater adventure down the Snake River.  On our way to town we ran into a few "characters" and had to stop to grab a picture!



It was a beautiful day and the warmest I have experienced in the last 10 weeks.  A perfect day on the river.

The whole group before heading to the river


Wet suit ready !














Our trip down the river was a blast.  We made it through all of the rapids keeping everyone in the boat.  Rashawn and Cheryl had the tough job of paddling in the front of the boat.  They kept us moving along nicely but got a bit tuckered out from all the physical work.


Rashawn sleeping on the bus after the rafting trip
Once we returned from the adventure on the river, we headed to middle of town to grab some lunch and hit the shops.  Great fun walking the town square on such a beautiful day.

A bit of belt shopping







Rashawn getting a kiss from the downtown bear





The Pingry girls with Big Blue !  "Let's Go Big Blue."
It was a great day and we were worn out by the time we got back home.  After I grabbed a quick shower, I was looking forward to relaxing in the family room for the rest of the evening.  Imagine my surprise we I entered the room to see the "spoiled boy" in my chair and looking quite comfortable.  Please notice that he is warmly tucked under a blanket and enjoying a chilled chardonnay!

Really ??????



No comments:

Post a Comment