Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Horseback Riding in Bridger National Forest

Bridger National Forest

Today was another horseback riding adventure but this time we explored the Bridger National Forest which is south of Jackson Hole.  It took us just over an hour from the house to drive to meet Grant at the meeting location.  After signing the safety waivers, we drove an additional 14 miles up into Bridger National Forest to meet Mark our "Wrangler of the Day."

Sara meeting her horse Penny


Mark introduced each of us to our horse and got us saddled up.  My horse was named VEGAS and she had some crazy eyes!  The Bridger National Forest was a lovely place to ride.
Cheryl meeting her horse Andrea

A great part of the day was watching Mark's trusty companion "Socket" enjoy the trail as much as we enjoyed the trail.






Sara, "Wrangler Mark", Lil and Cheryl







Mark, Cheryl and Lil
Sara on the trail


Socket taking a break !





1 comment: