Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Jersey In The House ! Rashawn Here Too!

On Monday, Lil and Cheryl arrived from New Jersey.  I worked with Lil at Pingry and it is always great to  spend time with her and Cheryl.  It has been fun watching their reaction to the beauty of the area.  They loved their day in Yellowstone and have really been taking advantage of all that Jackson has to offer.

Hanging out with Cheryl and Lil at The Deck bar (elevation 8600).  The Deck has a beautiful view.

Our transportation to The Deck

Another view of our transportation










Vicky, Marla and Lauren joined me, Lil and Cheryl at The Deck!  It was a great "girls happy hour out."


"Girls Happy Hour Out" on The Deck
Today (Friday) Rashawn arrived around 1:30pm.  I was able to trade my late shift in the office with one of the other office workers so that I could be done with my shift in time to pick him up at the airport.  Once Rashawn was in the car, we headed to the town square to grab some lunch.  Lil and Cheryl spent the day driving over Teton Pass and exploring Idaho.  After lunch, Rashawn and I found our way to the old fashioned candy store on the town square.  Rashawn really was a kid in a candy store!

Rashawn and his candy shopping bucket


Sara also arrived today (Friday) around 7:00pm.  This was perfect timing to enjoy a beautiful Teton sunset and a few beers at Dornan's.  Just being together again caused enough laughter that other restaurant patrons looked our way.  It was simply a blast to be hanging again with my Jersey buddies.  Hanging with Rashawn isn't so shabby either.

At Dornan's with the sun still up
At Dornan's as the sun is setting and the temperature dropping


2 comments: