Triangle X Ranch

Triangle X Ranch
John Butcher riding back to the Triangle X Ranch.

About Me

I fell in love with Jackson Hole when first introduced to the area by the Butcher family. When I decided to spend the summer of '11 out here in JH, a former Pingry athlete, Katie Occhipinti, suggested I blog the adventure. I had no idea what a blog was but Katie O set the whole thing up and got me on my way. Last summer was a tremendous experience. The blog details all the great fun I shared with friends from June '11 - Oct. '11. Even before I left to head back to SRQ, I knew I wanted more of JH. I am now back in JH for "Adventure Summer Round Two!" Many friends have encouraged me to continue the blog this summer ...... so here we go! I arrived to town on June 12th and immediately felt at home. I am looking forward to another summer of hiking, biking and visits from friends. I once again look forward to sharing this experience with all of my friends who have planned to visit me out here. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my friends who follow this blog. Enjoy the pictures and the adventure. Happy summer to everyone!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Horseback Riding in Teton Valley

Wrangler Buck - our guide for our day through the Teton Mountains

Mary Ellen, Ranait and Sara were departing Jackson Hole on Monday afternoon.  Before they left, we still had time for one more adventure.  We had an early wake up call and headed north past Moran Junction to meet Buck, our wrangler for the day from Yellowstone Outfitters.  My friend Vicky from Sarasota joined us for the 4 hour ride through the beautiful trails.

Me, Ranait, Vicky and Sara  (Mary Ellen and Elaine sat out of this adventure) 

It was great fun to share this horseback adventure with Ranait.  I can still remember her at our first basketball practice together when she was just a little 7th grader.  Actually, she was never little, but a very tall 7th grader.  We had a great time during our two seasons of Middle School basketball together as Ranait lead the team to two undefeated seasons.  There were many times on the horse trail when 20 year old Ranait laughed and cut up just like she did in the 7th grade.  I am glad we could have this fun together.


Ranait in a fit of laughter
As usual, the scenery of the mountains was beautiful.  Unfortunately, there was a fire in the Gros Ventre mountains and the smoke from that fire obstructed our view of the Grand Tetons.








































Ranait and Sara "yucking it up"






Pingry girls and an outhouse ????










 A packing trip we ran into on the trail
As we know, all good things must come to an end.  The end of the trail ride meant that we had to head back to the house so that Ranait and Sara could get ready for their departure back to the east coast.  We did have just enough time to grab the worls's best smoothies at the Lotus Cafe in downtown Jackson.  If you are ever in Jackson Hole, make sure that you stop at the Lotus Cafe for a smoothie!

I am not sure the traveling crowd on Monday was ready for Ranait and her cowboy boots on the ride home!  I can only imagine the looks in the Newark airport that she created.

Loving the boots!


1 comment: